Thursday, September 10, 2009

Four Letter Word - Blog

I remember, a year back when millions of people were already blogging and few business minded software professionals were making millions out of this idea and software, I was the person who was not even aware that there is something called as 'Blogs'. When i got into my profession (PR - Public Relations), through one of the assignment i got introduced to this word 'BLOG'. During the brain storming session i was completely blank that what are these people talking about. Despite being a human being on the planet Earth,i felt like an alien. Despite being a Convent student i was surprised by myself that i cannot understand the language coz my mind was hovering over just one word - BLOG. Blog ? Whats that? While the brain storming session was going on in a full swing i was thinking to excuse myself, rushing to my computer (where Google and Dictionary sites are always open) and just type this word Blog and see what the results come, though i could not move out of the cabin of our Creative Head, but my eyes were rolling from one person to another as to who is saying what and who responded to what. Well that only proved to be a good exercise for my eyes (thats it). Rather than searching on google i preferred asking my senior colleague as to what does this '4 Letter' word stands for. Though she gave me that weird surprised look, but she did take that effort to explain me. For her it was like explaining a computer engineer student the meaning and importance of Computer. I too got a bit embarrased but anyways atleast i got introduced to this 4 letter word. And 1 year later i created my own blog, well not bad. So here i get started. I could have created my blog months earlier but i was thinking as to what will be the name of my blog what will be the title name of my blog, what will i write on my blog etc etc. But i forgot that afterall I am a creative person and great ideas dont appear immediately in the creative minds. Well that got proved when several months later when i decided to create my own blog but used to get stuck as to what should be the name, the thought clicked my brain that my own name in itself is so unique that i dont need any other 'creative' name for my blog. And the other name Select Grain personifies the selective thoughts, ideas and articles which are like one polished grain from the whole lot of grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment